• Visum informatie reizen
  • Visum informatie vakanties
  • Visum informatie zakelijk
  • Visum informatie prive
  • Visum reizen
  • Visum aanvragen
  • Visum info
  • Visum vakantie
  • Visum info opvragen
  • Visum belangerijke informatie
  • Visum voor vakantie
  • Vakantie visum
  • Visumdienst Breda visum
  • Visumdienst visum informatie
  • visum informatie per land
  • visum informatie per land
  • visum bestellen
Visumdienst Breda
Laatste update:
30-03-2020 16:54u


1. Can Visumdienst arrange visas for everyone?

No, unfortunately we can not. We can arrange visas for Dutch people and residents of the Netherlands (and often for residents of other EU-countries), traveling abroad. We cannot do anything for foreigners intending to travel to The Netherlands. They have to apply for a visa at a Dutch (or other indicated Schengen-)consulate, and await their visa there before they can travel. People can also travel to The Netherlands with a valid Schengen visa issued by another Schengen state, provided they enter the Schengen area via the country that their visa was issued for. More information on Schengen visas can be found here.

On this website we mention the visa requirements for Dutch nationals. In most cases they are the same for Western European citizens. If you are of non-Dutch nationality you can check whether you need a visa or not on the KLM-website

2. I am (living) in The Netherlands and want to travel to an European country.
A foreigner (if not visa-exempt) with a Schengen visa or a Dutch residence permit is, within the validity of his visa, entitled to unrestricted travel within the Schengen countries. These countries are Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland. It also applies to the Canary Islands (Spain), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal).

Please Note: the United Kingdom and Ireland are not part of the Schengen area, a separate visa is required for those who are not visa-exempt.

3. What kinds of visas can I apply for?
There are several types of visas. Firstly relating  to the nature of the visit: business, tourism or private visit (to visit friends or relatives), secondly relating to the visa durations and the period within which the visa must be used. Regulations differ from country to country. Most visas are valid for a stay of up to three months and must be used within three months from the date of issue.
A multiple-entry visa (visa pour entrées multiples) is a visa that within its validity can be used multiple times, a single entry visa is only valid for one entry. Many countries only issue single entry visas. But these visas can often be extended or modified for a re-entry (e.g. after a visit to a neighbouring country) in the country itself.
Some countries also issue transit visas that can only be used to arrive in this country and then leave immediately to a neighbouring country. These transit visas are valid for a limited stay (usually up to three days).
Regulations for emigration are quite different from those for ordinary visas. If you intend to emigrate it is best to contact a specialized agency, If you have plans to permanently move to the United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand look at  this site.

Some countries are easier in issuing residence visas and permits, especially when you want to invest in the country concerned. The company Migronis can give you the right advice.

4. For how long are visas valid?
Visas are usually valid for the period of intended stay. Most countries do not issue visas for more than three months. Please bear in mind that most visas should be used within three months after the date of issue. It is pointless to to apply for visas too long in advance: either they will already have expired by the time you get into the country of destination, or we have to hold the passports in custody until we can apply for the visas. People making long journeys will often have to apply for visas in a neighbouring country.

5. Are visas ever refused?
This rarely but occasionally does happen: a visa application may be refused if not all the requirements are fulfilled. The consular officer  of the country concerned may decide not to issue a visa. In addition an applicant may get blacklisted in the relevant country. Journalists and (to a lesser extent) clergymen may also be faced with travelling restrictions. People with a refugee status are also refused in many countries. For these people –if not refused- application times may take (much) longer than usual.

6. Am I allowed to give my passport to someone else?
To meet a statutory obligation one may give his passport to another person. In case of a visa application it is a foreign legal obligation to hand over the passport. 
Since 2005 every citizen  from the age of 14 must be able to furnish proof of identity at all times, either by providing a passport, identity card or driving license. If we are holding your passport for a visa application, and you do not have a driving license or identity card, you are formally punishable by law. A photocopy of your passport is not a valid identity card within the meaning of the Act. But in practice we have not come across this problem as yet.

7. Is it safe to send my passport by registered mail? 
The Dutch postal services (Post.nl) are reliable and fast. It is absolutely safe so send documents by registered mail. If you send a letter to our P.O.Box (postbus) from anywhere in The Netherlands we will probablly receive this letter the next morning by 08:00 hrs, or the following day. Sending a letter from abroad (within Western Europe) may take a few days, but longer from Belgium. In these cases it may be advisable to use a courier. 

8. Can I apply for a visa without handing in my passport, but using a photocopy?
Except for tourist visas for Cuba and electronic visas that are nowadays issued by several countries, we do need the passport itself: consulates place a stamp or sticker in the passport. At a few embassies where a visa application takes a (very) long time it is sometimes possible to start the application with a copy of the passport. When finally the visa authorization eventually arrives we will still need the original passport.

9. The website provides enough information to apply for a visa directly at the consulate of the country concerned. Why should  we use the services of the Visumdienst?

Of course you can go and organize your visa yourself. You should be aware, however, that you have to go twice: once to submit  the application, and then again to get your passport back. You should also bear in mind that many embassies are only opened during a limited number of hours per day, and that they do not speak English...  You could of course send all required documents to the consulate by registered mail, but in that case you have to wait to get your passport back, if it comes back at all: if anything in the application is missing or completed incorrectly, embassies may wait until you contact them. Some embassies do  not send passports back. There are also missions where you must pay by bank and send a copy of the bank transfer. Sending applications to Belgium is an even bigger problem: due to slow postal services you never know when your letter wiill arrive at the embassy, and when you can expect it to be returned ......
V&V Visumdienst checks visa applications before submitting them to a consulate. We know all the procedures and exception rules. If something is not completely in order we ensure the information to be adjusted, if necessary after consultation by phone or email. You will at least have the assurance that the application is in good order and will be processed with the necessary speed. And you can rest assured that your visa will be ready in time.

10. Couldn't we come to the Visumdienst and await our visas?
No, you can not. We do not issues visas, but obtain them from the consulates concerned. This cannot be done on the spot. Of course you are welcome during business hours to hand in and/or retrieve the documents.

11. Why are not all application forms published on the website?
In those cases where no application form can be downloaded the embassy only accepts the original application forms, no copies. These can be obtained from us,  we will send them upon request.

12. Could the Visumdienst complete the forms?
No, we can not. It is Important for all applications to be completed in full. We do not know all the details. Moreover, all application forms must be signed personally by the applicant.

13. Why do countries ask these absurd questions?
Indeed some questions in visa applications may seem irrelevant. Such as the name of your mother, or your religion, etc. Please answer these questions anyway. Apparently these answers are important for these countries, otherwise they would not be asked. If you do not answer these questions your application might be delayed or even refused.

14. I can not read the application form because I do not know the language.
Regularly we get this question, especially when the application in French. Nevertheless the form has to be filled up in that particular language. So please find some help.

15. The invoice is higher than it was published on on the website was. Why?
This website gives general information, suited in almost all cases, Nevertheless it might happen that higher charges are calculated because the consulate charged more (especially in emergencies), or that additional consent should be acquired form the home country. It may also be that we are at the last moment to decide to switch to a courier for the documents in time for the passenger to get. In an emergency we try in all cases prior to dispatch more contact with the person concerned, but if that fails and we know that the person must leave the next day we sometimes have no other choice but to send the passport by courier to Schiphol Airport (or another address) to make sure that the journey can continue. That is why it is important that you give us the exact travel dates and a phone number where we can reach you And if you haven’t received your passport three days before departure, it might make sense that you contact us.

16. My trip is cancelled, can I recover money for the visas?
If you already got the visa we can do nothing any more in any case, you cannot claim the charges. You can try to claim it on your travel insurance. If the visa has just been applied for we might be able to withdraw it free of charge. But all cases are different: we usually have to pay upon deposit and there is no refund possible, but sometimes we manage. In any case we will charge all the costs that we already made.

17. I have to postpone my trip but I already have a visa, what next?
Some countries issue visa that have to be used within two, three or six months after date of issue. Other visas are valid from date X to date Y. It is purely depending on the issuing country if the old visa can still be used. If a visa is expired, a new visa must be applied for, that of course has to be paid for.

18. I want to emigrate. Who can help me?
The application of emigration visas is quite different from regular visas: this procedure has to be started in the country of destination. These are difficult and lengthy procedures. There are specialized agencies such as Buysse Immigration Services. Please contact them. You can also contact Migronis.

19. On departure from the United States the (green) card was still in my passport. What should I do?
That could cause problems at your entry into the U.S. Click here for the solution.

20. What about the health risks and vaccinations do I need?
This website only gives general information on vaccination requirements, and whether there is malaria risk in a particular area. We are not qualified to give detailed information. In all cases it is advisable to inform the local GG & GD, Your doctor, or on the Internet via www.lcr.nl or www.tripprep.com. By phone you can get information from the National Vaccination line: 0900-9584, KLM Travel Clinic: 0900-1091096, or the Travel Clinic of the Rotterdam Havenziekenhuis: 0900-5034090. You must remember that certain vaccinations have a deadline of 10 days between vaccination and immunity.
If you booked a last-minute trip and you need vaccinations for that destination you might be refused because your injections are not yet valid!

21. How do I get a "Verklaring omtrent het gedrag"?   (certificate of good behaviour)

For some applications, a "Verklaring omtrent het gedrag" (VOG), better known as a "Verklaring van goed gedrag" , is required. This must be requested at the City Hall. Here you will find more information. Note: this application takes a few weeks, keep this in mind when planning your trip. (But when it is for a visa application they are normally issued within 10 days)

22. What souvenirs can I bring back from abroad?
Dutch customs regulations can be found on http://www.douane.nl/.

23. I have questions about a particular country, do you have information?
Regularly we get this question, but the answer is no. We run a visa service, not a country information service. Many countries have a tourist office (you can find the addresses on this website at the particular country), and much information is available on the various country pages on the Internet.

24. What risks do I run when travelling abroad?

People must be aware that travelling abroad could be risky, if not dangerous. Of course we know quite a lot about the problems that may be encountered, but we are not specialist. If you need any advice in this matter, either private or corporate, you could contact  Argos Security, specialists in risk management.

Order a pick-up courier » Visa information
United States of America (USA) »

Visumdienst Breda
Postbus 4786
tel 076 - 56 12 139

meer contactinformatie...

Visum Australië | Visum China | Visum Rusland